The Master Health Check-up (MHC) offered by SMF is a programme that attempts to reduce health care costs by prevention and early diagnosis.
A variety of chronic diseases afflict us, most of which take their toll after the fifth decade of life. Diabetes, hypertension, heart attacks, stroke and cancer are some of the more common examples. Almost all of these problems first go through a long quiescent phase where they produce no symptoms. This period can be as long as 10 - 20 years. It makes sense, therefore, that a programme that attempts to detect and correct these problems during this silent phase, will decrease the ultimate morbidity from these diseases.
In the early days of preventive health check-ups, every conceivable test and technology was ordered in the hope that some would be abnormal and that this would provide an avenue of approach. The philosophy was one of "the more the better." Experience has shown that this approach is neither effective nor safe. A handful of items, mostly simple, appear to provide the greatest value.
The MHC offered at SMF is a carefully constructed programme that offers a panel of tests that are proven to be valuable. As an incentive to those who have taken the efforts to control their health problems, the programme also includes 2 free follow up visits within a year of the MHC and the physician in change of the check up.
The programme includes:
- Complete history taking and head to toe examination by a physician.
- Complete dental check-up
- A gynecological examination and a Pap smear for all women
- A panel of tests that includes:
- A Hemogram
- (total WBC count, differential count, hemoglobin, PCV, ESR)
- Lipid profile
- (total cholesterol, HDL/LDL, triglycerides)
- Diabetic parameters
- (fasting blood sugar, glucose tolerance test, post-prandial blood sugars)
- Urine analysis
- Blood grouping and Rh typing
- Stool exam for occult blood
- Serum creatinine
- X-ray chest
- Resting ECG
- Diet counseling
- 2 follow up consultations with the physician in charge of the MHC within the year of the programme
WHO IS ELIGIBLE? Any adult male or female between the ages of 25 and 75 years.
Individuals below 25 or above 75 years of age should first contact the physician and officers in charge of the programme before proceeding.
- Please obtain a set of instructions on the programme at the hospital.
- You may go through the check-up on any working day of the week.
- You will have to come on an empty stomach after dinner between 7.00 and 8.00 AM.
- Do not discontinue any medications that you have been taking on a regular basis.
- After you have registered, you will be guided on the procedure and given the necessary instructions to undergo the panel of tests.
- The results will be reviewed and a physical examination will be carried out, usually on the same day or by appointment at a convenient time.
- A complete summary of findings and recommendations will be given to you.
- Based on the findings, an optimal scheme of check-ups will be recommended.
- Extra tests and consultations that may be indicated on the basis of the MHC, will be done at additional charge.
LOCATION & TELEPHONE NUMBERS
The programme is offered at the main hospital.
For appointments and information phone: 2626-8844, 2620-8844, STD Code - (044)
The Master Health Check-up is offered at a comprehensive, all-inclusive tariff of - Rs 1900/-