STEP (Support Therapy to Educate People) has been envisioned to educate the general public and SMF patients on health related issues. It reflects SMF’s community centered approach towards health care.
It is a support and education for the general public who want to know more about their health problems and how to manage them better. The majority of the participants are from Anna Nagar and neighboring areas.
STEP program focuses on various Topics like
- Depression–signs,symptoms and managements
- Breast feeding
- Common health problems in women
- Healthy life style for healthy kidney
- Nutrition Care for Older Adults
- Coronary Heart Disease
These educational programs will have interactions with experts from various health disciplines. (face-to-face sessions with the specialists).
- Home care service started in 1997 by Dr.S.Rangarajan
- It is an extension of patient care in the comfort of their own homes
- The support services enable patients to receive treatment in the comfort of their homes with their family and loved ones.
- The programme offers support to children, adults and seniors who are recovering after a hospital or facility stay, or need additional support to remain safely at home and avoid unnecessary hospitalization.
- We have full time physician for the home care services
- Every year, approximately a no of 1440 home visits are done.
- It does not include or involve emergency care/medicine
Sundaram Arockiyam Plan (SAP) is the community service initiative of Sundaram Medical Foundation (SMF) focusing on the health needs of children studying in Aadi Dravida Tribal Welfare School, Anna Nagar.
Since 1996, Medical camps has been conducted for SAP school childrens Comprehensive general health camp is organized for School students from class I to X.
SAP focuses on three main aspects:-
- Health Education
- General Health Screening camps and follow-up.
- Awareness programmes related to health issues.
Every year, approximately a no of 235 children have been screened. If anyone needs treatment are admitted at free of cost.
SMF – Community services conducting screening camps / General health checkups for the general public in and around Anna Nagar and other parts of Chennai.
- Breast and Cervical Screening camps
- Oral screening camps for Metro Rail workers, Auto drivers, MTC Bus drivers and conductors
The First Aid Training program sessions will be conducted always from the department of Emergency Medicine.
The topics included are:
- Lecture on Basic Life Support (CPR) & Choking.
- Hands on training in CPR & Choking in infants & Adults.
- First Aid in Common Emergencies
It gives training specially to the :
- School Teachers
- Bus Drivers
- Auto Rickshaw Drivers
- Traffic Police and School Students
Music is an effective form of therapy for our patients & visitors to provide an outlet for emotions, the notion of using song, sound frequencies and rhythm to treat physical ailments. A study by the Association for Music Therapy says, “Active Music Engagement allowed the patients to reconnect with the healthy parts of themselves.”
- The SMF Music Therapy session has been started in the year September 2016 with the performance of Mr. Anil Srinivasan, Pianist and Music Educator
- In March 2017, a vocal performance by Ms. Srividhya, professional Carnatic singer, was performed.
- In January 2018, Ms. Padmaja Ganesan & Ms. Hemalatha, professional Carnatic Singers performed.
- In March 2018, Selvi Shwetha Charan, Vocalist & Selvan. Ajeet Sridhar, Mridangist performed.
The Patients enjoyed all the session along with the caregivers. We hope to continue with Music Therapy on a regular basis by various popular and upcoming Musicians & Instrumentalist.
Sundaram Medical Foundation was established in 1990 by Dr.S.Rangarajan with the help of M/s Sundaram Finance Group of Companies as a Community Centred hospital,following the best tradition of medical service. Dr.Rangarajan’s vision was to provide Quality Health care which is cost–effective and community centred. Today SMF is a multispecialty hospital with state-of-the-art health care facilities providing services to New Born to Nineties under one roof.
A single-stop facility with a full spectrum of services at affordable costs–that’s our Emergency Department, for you.
We are dedicated to using technology to deliver the health care you need, when or wherever you need it.
We have a Highly professional Doctors to provide high quality of Patient Care Services.
What Our Patients Are Saying
We came here with full hopes and go home fully satisfied because of Doctor's and Nurses' divine duty. The services rendered by Staff Nurses are excellent. They do their duty with humanitarian touch and motherly affection. Heartfelt Thanks
The Best & Ever Hospital in Chennai. I have heard before but that became true in my experience. I'm so thankful & grateful for the Nursing and treating patients in their own way. My journey of beginning as a mother been started from your foundation. Happily Leaving
I am glad to say that facilities here is well good. The doctors and nurses are well responsible and helpful. Thanking you for your help and love.
Head Master - Gvt.Sch.
The Doctors, Nurses and Management Staffs who attended us did their duty with love and dedication. We are glad to chose this hospital over all others.
Padmini Prabhakar Rao
Good Care taken in ICU. Very Good Experience at SMF.